Summer Learning Journey | Week 4: Activity 6: Sing Without Sound

Today I have completed another Summer Learning Journey activity. The Summer Learning Journey is a program that helps students keep learning throughout the Summer holidays.

I decided to attempt the kick start. For this activity, I needed to match the letters with the correct sign language. I first watched all the videos to help me understand the activity. Once I finished watching the videos, I got started on the activity. To complete this activity, I needed to make a copy of a slide to be able to match each sign language and letter. Once I made a copy, I watched the video provided on the slide and then started matching each letter with the sign language images.

I found this activity fun because I was able to learn a new type of way to communicate with others, which could become useful in the future.

One thought on “Summer Learning Journey | Week 4: Activity 6: Sing Without Sound

1. Kia ora Te Raumati,

It’s Simon here again from the Summer Learning Journey team. Great work on completing another Sign Language activity! You’ve done a great job. Ka pai!

Sign Language is such an important language. Have you learnt much Sign Language in the past at school? It seems a bit tricky learning a new language. I’ve had to double check the Sign Language alphabet many times. It’s cool that a lot of the letters look like how we would write the letter. You’ve done a great job.

Do you know any other languages other than English? Do you have any languages you would like to learn? I would really like to learn German. German shares some similarities with English.

You should give the step it up a go. I’m looking forward to seeing what you post next.

Ngā mihi,
    Simon (SLJ)