Summer Learning Journey | Activity 1: Treasure Hunt

Today the Summer Learning Journey has started. The Summer Learning Journey is a program that helps students keep learning throughout the Summer holidays. The task today was to go on a treasure hunt for items we need to create a tool kit.

The items we needed to find was some string, a tube, something with a small amount of weight, paper, cardboard, something we can use to measure the size of something, clear plastic, something to write, draw, or colour with, and as a bounus, something that can hold our items.

The items we collected we objects we found around the class room. The items we collected were string/wool, a tube made out of paper, a dice that weighs a small amount, paper, a piece of cardboard, ruler, clear plastic, colouring pencils, and a trey to hold all our items. On a google draw, we put a photo of our items on it and label each item we have collected.

I found this activity helpful because I infer that this activity was to help us collect things we might need to complete other tasks.

2 thoughts on “Summer Learning Journey | Activity 1: Treasure Hunt

1. Kia ora Te Raumati

Its great to see you organise all the items on your list and annotate your photo to ensure all items on your list have been labelled for correctly.

Awesome inferencing skills! Yes, you are right! this science toolkit will be perfect to complete future science tasks.

Were there any challenging items to find that took a little longer to find?

Keep up the awesome work!
    Manar (Summer Learning Journey Team)

2. Kia Ora,
    I’m Alilia @ Ruapotaka School. This is great work. I love how you explain everything. Did you have any classmates and/or friends help with this challenge?
    In the process did you have to think how to improvise without something or were you sure you had everything. That’s it for me. Bye
    Nga Mihi

– Alilia